[Jacob-list] Lambing question

Marguerite Van Beek pegvanbeek at msn.com
Thu Feb 17 13:08:11 EST 2005

I feed in AM, hay & grain, PM hay.  My lambs have been coming at night, between
11:00pm to 6:00am.  I have a monitor in the barn to listen but some are very quiet when they lamb,  some are so loud they would wake up the neighbors LOL.  The ones I found that concern me the most are the first timers, especially when they have twins.  they look dazed, confused and if they are in a group of ewes you have to watch out for the stealers, the ones that take lambs that are not their own.  Of course you always have the shepherd that feels they should have two instead of one by mistake LOL.
Peggy