[Jacob-list] Lambing question

Robert May newjerseyjacobs at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 17 12:40:49 EST 2005

HELLO JOY, ET ALS...

I CAN ONLY SPEAK TO MY EXPERIENCES IN RAISING SHEEP
FOR THE LAST 25 YEARS.  DURING WINTER, WE FEED HAY AM
& PM AND GRAIN IN THE AM.  OUT OF THE 30 LAMBS THAT
HAVE BEEN BORN SO FAR THIS LAMBING SEASON, WE'VE HAD
LAMBS BORN PRIOR TO 5:45 AM; LAMBS BORN PRIOR TO 7:30
PM; LAMBS BORN MID-MORNING; LAMBS BORN MID-AFTERNOON
AND LAMBS BORN LATE EVENING.

THIS LAMBING SEASON ISN'T MARKETEDLY DIFFERENT FROM
WHAT WE'VE EXPERIENCED OTHER YEARS.  SO, MY CONCLUSION
IS THAT NEITHER TIME OF FEEDING OR AMOUNT OF DAYLIGHT,
ETC. HAS HAD ANY CORRELATION WITH THE TIME OF DAY THAT
OUR LAMBS HAVE "POPPED OUT".

WOULD BE INTERESTED TO HEAR WHAT OTHERS HAVE
EXPERIENCED.

REGARDS,
BOB MAY
SWAYZE INN FARM