[Jacob-list] lambs

Betty Berlenbach lambfarm at sover.net
Thu Feb 10 16:28:34 EST 2005

Boy, oh, boy,...it's the time of year I start getting antsy, watching and listening as everyone else has lambs, and mine not coming until the end of March...I love hearing all your stories, seeing  your photos.  Friend, Donald, has started lambing, so there are SOME baby jacobs in New Hampshire, at least.  My ewes are out in their field right now, eating hay through the snow, looking  like little fluffy white blobs out there.  WE are in the middle of what was billed as a 24 inch blizzard, and is actu ally more like a snow all day and accumulate a whopping 4 inches type of storm.  They are still threatening that we'll gete LOTS more after dark and through the night, but I've come to the conclusion that all weathermen are alarmists who try to scare you into listening to their station all night, so they can keep their jobs.  I dont' think it's ever as bad as they claim it will be!  It is actually very beautiful: it's a New Jersey snow, not a Vermont snow: big heavy flakes.  (Lucky it isn't 24 inches of N.J. snow: that's a back breaker to shovel!  Vermont snow is generally more like fluffy weightless stuff, and no big deal to shovel, but this wet stuff!  Hasn't gone below 30 all day,  very weird.  Okay, so I'm obsessing about the weather, but with 7 weeks to go about til lambs, what else is there to talk ab out up here in the snowbelt of yore. Betty!