[Jacob-list] Some questions

Bill Hyslip slipclan at mindspring.com
Mon Dec 5 17:02:53 EST 2005

Hey guys!

I have a couple of non-related questions..

First....Are there any breeders near Grand Junction, Colorado?  I have to make a trip up there from Arizona in the near future with my trailer on some other business and thought I may be able to come back with a new non-related ram and kill two birds with one stone.

Second.....Being completely new to the sheep biz, I'm confused about what is required by USDA  for selling sheep out of state.  The sheep I have are from breeders who are members of the Volunteer Scrapie Program and the sheep are tagged accordingly.  If I wanted to sell my lambs as breeding stock next year, what would be required of me?  Should I consider joining the program since I likely will only ever have just a small hobby flock? (oops......I guess that's three questions).

Thanks in advance for being patient with the new guy. =)

Bill Hyslip

Bill Hyslip
www.mtn-memories.com