[Jacob-list] (no subject)

Susan J Martin stcroft at ptd.net
Tue Aug 30 22:15:29 EDT 2005

Have any of you had a Jacob with a chronic eye infection?  I have a 4H ewe who is healthy in every way, good weight,  but occasionally her right eye (always the same eye) will start to cloud up ~ I start steroid eye drops and it clears.  She will be fine for weeks at a time, and then the whole scenario repeats.  I have no other sheep with any eye infections and have not had a problem over the years.  Is it possible in a 4H ewe to have some sort of malformation of the eye socket that could contribute to a problem like this?  I had the vet check it at one point, the eye was fluorascein stained and there were no lesions, ulcers, scratches, etc.  The vet had no answers for me.......so I thought I would ask the experts ~ fellow Jacob breeders!!

Sue Martin
Stonecroft