[Jacob-list] guard dogs/family dogs

Robert May newjerseyjacobs at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 12:01:17 EDT 2005

THREE YEARS AGO WE PURCHASED A 50-50 AKBASH/MEREMA
FEMALE PUPPY FROM A BREEDER IN NC.  HER NAME IS ABBY.
WE PURCHASED HER WHILE ATTENDING THE MD SHEEP & WOOL
FESTIVAL. ABBY'S BEEN WITH OUR FLOCK SINCE WE BROUGHT
HER HOME.  SHE NOW WEIGHS +/- 110 LBS--A BIG WHITE
DOG, BUT SOMEHOW MANAGES TO KEEP HERSELF "CLEAN".

ABBY KNOWS THAT HER "JOB" IS TO GUARD THE FLOCK, BUT
SHE HAS A WONDERFUL DISPOSITION WITH OUR FAMILY,
INCLUDING GRANDAUGHTERS AGES 5 AND 3.

ABBY IS AGGRESSIVE IF OTHER DOGS COME ON OUR PROPERTY,
BUT NOT SO WITH "HUMANS".

SHE'S BEEN AN ABSOLUTE JOY.

REGARDS,
BOB MAY