[Jacob-list] sad night

SKimbro sheri at eldoradohoney.com
Fri Aug 5 01:06:00 EDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I posted awhile back and asked if anyone had any idea why my lamb was getting nosebleeds.  I received many helpful
responses thank you.  Most folks (including my vet) thought it was bots, so I treated her with Ivermec and since had had no bleeding.  Well, she died tonight.  I feel awful.  We purchased her and her mother in April.  This was my first lamb.  What should the typical ewe lamb weight be at this age?  I don't have her exact birthdate as I had just mailed in her papers to have her registered.  She was approximately 4 months old.  Also what is typical protocol now.  Should I have her blood tested?  Should I have the other animals (pygmy goats, Jacob ewes and llamas) tested?
Thanks again for all the help.

Sheri Kimbro
Shingle Springs, CA