[Jacob-list] Good worming information

Katherine Wisor creeksendfarm at mac.com
Thu Aug 4 10:30:53 EDT 2005

I live by a marsh /wet land and I have few mosquitoes  since I've
baited water pails with Mosquito dunks.  Take a 5 gallon bucket fill
with water . Put 1/4 to 1/2 of a dunk in the pail once a month. Not
need to change the water (they like it old) It kills ALL the
larvae  .  The agricultural people are using it (finally) but the
news still says to empty all standing water.  Thats an awesome task
for busy people SOOOO give them  the hatching beds baited with BT .
You should start in the spring for best results  but later is better
than not at  all ! I promise you will see a noticeable  dent in the
population .   See article>  I'm sure you can find a safe spray to
use  a your feed store to use while your waiting for population
control.   Good luck>Katherine
Katherine Wisor       Charlotte,  North Carolina

http://www.pestproducts.com/dipel_dust.htm
A favorite among pest control operators and organic gardeners, this
material is used for biological control of different pests of people,
pets and plants.  There are 2 basic BT products used in the pest
control industry -- one for killing certain aquatic pest, the other
for controlling caterpillars that destroy crops and ornamental
plants.  Mosquito Bits and Mosquito Dunks should be used to kill
aquatic pests (mosquitoes), Dipel Dust and Dipel Spray should be used
in gardens for caterpillars, worms or loopers feeding on plants.
Products mentioned in this article are not available in Alaska.
Mosquito Dunks and Mosquito Bits are what you need to kill mosquito
larvae where they live and breed -- in standing water.  Dunks kill
mosquitoes (larval stages) for 30 days.  Bits give a massive quick
kill of mosquito larvae for a short time.  Both products are safe to
use in bird baths, fish ponds, flower pots, drainage ditches -- any
area where water can accumulate or stands.  Placed at water's edge in
lakes and ponds will not harm fish or other wildlife.

Thuricide BT Spray is used by organic gardeners to spray plants.
This material (containing Bacillus thuringiensis Kurstaki,  .8%) is
used to kill plant eating caterpillars, moth larvae, Gypsy Moth
larvae and other leaf eating worms.  Controls alfalfa and redhumped
caterpillars, cabbage looper, omnivorous and fruit tree leaf
rollers.  For use on alfalfa, broccoli, cabbage, mustard greens,
melons, tomatoes and others.
Mix 1 to 4 teaspoons per gallon of water.
Each 8 ounce bottle of Thuricide is $9.95, plus S&H.
Order Thuricide BT Spray