[Jacob-list] AGM question....

Mary Hansson buffgeese at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 21 09:47:59 EDT 2005

Hi everybody,

As with anything, life is what you make it.  You can go to an AGM and get more or less out of it depending on who is there, what questions are asked, and how much you put into it.  You can go to a regional sheep/wool festival and gather super information or get nothing out of it.  I hear more Jacob breeders attending the MD, Black Sheep, and the one in Estes Park CO than the other fairs---although there are a tremendous group of about 5-10 breeders that attend SAFF in Asheville, NC on a regular basis.  Regional picnics are often planned by regional directors and can be a point of meeting and communicating between breeders experiencing similar environmental/regional issues.

My advice......if something isn't happening in your area, volunteer to host or make it happen.  Help out your regional rep.  Get involved....at least ask if your input would be welcome.

Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen Hansson, MEd, RD, LDN
ISeeSpots Farm
Jacob Sheep:  Lambs, adults, wool