[Jacob-list] Abner

Betty Berlenbach lambfarm at sover.net
Sun Apr 17 08:08:48 EDT 2005

Hello, All,

Much as I'd like to keep Abner for time and all eternity, I think I need to sell him and get a new ram.  I've used Abner and his father, Horatio, for years, and need new blood.  Skokan's Abner is 6, I've had him for 3 years, his father a year before that as well.  He has thrown consistently good, if not great lambs, with mostly great muzzle spots, knee spots and socks, and the occasional white legged lamb.  Fleeces have been excellent.  I will sell him for $350, or trade him for a ram of equal value.  I am looking for good muzzle spot, eye patches, excellent four horns, at least 3 years old, with photos of progeny, great fleece, good markings all around, black socks and knee patches (no white legs, or open face, please)...would prefer a ram with a track record of more ewe lambs than ram lambs. (I know some of that is acidity, but Abner has never while here anyway ,had more ram lambs than ewe lambs.  This year, he had seven girls, four boys.  That's about the average for the years he's been here.  He is available now or at the AGM...Wish I could keep him AND gt another ram, but I just can't afford to do that, both financially, and in terms of amount of pasture I have.  Please inquire privately, if interested.  Can provide photos of his lambs from this year, and if I still have them, the past, and fleece samples. Betty in Vermont