[Jacob-list] Re: question on horns

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 16 12:21:11 EDT 2005

--Original message--
>I am wondering about lambs that are not showing any signs of horns at 4-5
weeks. This is a set of twins that also has evidence of SUED.
> Is there a correlation?
>Are horns unlikely if not showing by now?
>Thanks-
>Sara
Hi Sara,
     Last year I had a ewe lamb born to a naturally polled (sp?) ewe, i.e
ewe with no horns.  I didn't feel any horns on the lamb and just assumed
she would be like her mother.  I sold the lamb to a lady who raises Jacobs
with no horns, she has small children and thinks they might get hurt.  She
is a vet professor so does the horn removal herself.  After a few months, I
saw that little ewe lamb and she has 4 horns, small horns, but she
definitely grew horns.  What is SUED??
Cathy