[Jacob-list] finally

Betty Berlenbach lambfarm at sover.net
Sat Apr 16 06:38:50 EDT 2005

all my jacob ewes have lambed...the count is 11 ewe lambs, 5 ram lambs, a little better than usual.  I've nevr had more rams than ewes, but I've only been doing this 10 years.  I think it has to do with pastures perpetually in need of lime, which I don't much give them...Usually, the ratio is more 8 to 5 or 7 to 5, so this is an extraordinary year.  Now, I have also two shetlands, one had a ram lamb, the other is big as a house, and hasn't popped yet.  I've never had anywhere near equal numbers of shetlands: always 3  to 1, ewes to rams, so this is going to be a year in the opposite direction, even if she has two ewe lambs.