[Jacob-list] Digging Jacobs

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 8 12:35:50 EDT 2005

--Original message--
>Has anyone else encountered digging Jacobs, and is there a way to at least
slow them down if not stop them?
>-Christopher C. Brantley
-----------------------------
Hi Chris,
<grin and wink> Maybe they are digging for Truffles, a highly valuable
mushroom.  Pigs are used to find these, maybe your sheep have extra special
senses.  Truffles are very expensive, something like $500 - $1000 a pound
wholesale, you'll be rich!!  Seriously, the only time I have seen my Jacobs
dig is when they want a comfy place to lie down or the ewes are just about
ready to give birth.  Perhaps they like the taste of locust and the roots
of the tree smell even better?!?  Sprinkle dog urine over the area and they
might stop digging??  Personally, I would check out the Truffle idea.
Cathy