[Jacob-list] 2005 Lambs

Cathy Robinson perfectspot at blueridge.net
Mon Apr 4 20:19:47 EDT 2005

I finally have been able to get some lamb photos taken, and our 2005
lambs can be viewed at
http://www.patchworkfibers.com/PerfectSpotLambs.html

We have been lambing since mid-February and still have three more ewes
 to deliver.  It has been an unusually long season for us this year, but
several lambs short of what we had planned for.  My guess is that our
male Great Pyrenees took his "guarding" duties a bit too seriously.
 This is the second year in a row that 5 out of 8 girls did not get bred
in his group....different rams and different girls and a couple of clues
point to that hypothesis!!   We will be happy with the healthy babies
that have arrived this year, and revise our breeding plans for next year.

Hope all are enjoying the antics of their bouncing babies.  We have a
few new lambs less than a week old, and it is always so much fun to
watch them discover playtime--- lamb-style!

Cathy
Perfect Spot Farm, NC