[Jacob-list] Need help!!! New Mom rejecting lamb

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Mon Apr 4 09:17:14 EDT 2005

I'm afraid I'll have to admit that I'm not at all concerned about two first time mothers that spent a little time before deciding to turn into great mothers - just like their own mothers.  I really don't consider either of these lambs as having been rejected.  There are many environmental issues (ie, shepherding errors) that quite possibly contributed to abit of confusion on the ewes parts and I'm not ready to cull the mothers just yet :-).

I had a crossbred ewe with only one teat that raised twins every year (with no assistance) and was still doing so when I sold her at age 12.

I certainly agree that overfeeding can lead to many problems - probably more than underfeeding.

Linda

Visit our new babies!
http://www.patchworkfibers.com/2005lambs.html