[Jacob-list] movie star

Joy Thomas, SonRise Farm shepherdofspots at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 2 11:06:45 EST 2005

Katrina and Betty - That is TOO cool! Jacobs are
gorgeous animals, am sure they will be a great
addition to both the book and movie!  Betty, DO tell
us the name of the movie!

We've had several larger sheep on our farm for a while
now. After comparing, we're going to move back to the
smaller, primitive Jacobs. They don't put as much wear
and tear on our pastures or equipment, don't eat as
much, and don't make as much manure that needs to be
managed (the joys of small acreage and neighbors who
complained about my free-range chickens!). They are
also easier to shear and handle -- I'm getting older
and value my back and knees!

have a fiber-filled weekend all! I'm off to clean out
my fleece closet and do some spinning!

Katrina - any pictures of the new little human lamb?

Joy

--- Katrina & Dave <davekat at copper.net> wrote:

> Betty-
> Wild!  Actually, Abner is also going to be featured
> in a book on primative sheep (along with Achta &
> freinds as the ewe examples) sometime in the future.
>  A woman contacted me recently and said it might not
> be published for a while, but she would be
> interested in pictures.
>
>  Don't tell Abner...this might all go to his head...
>  He might become one of those difficult moviestar
> types!
> Have fun making it happen and be sure to let us know
> the name of the movie so we can ohh and ahhh....
> Katrina Lefever

Joyce M. Thomas
Son Rise Farm & Rabbitry, Creedmoor NC
Hand spun yarns, custom knit & triloom woven items
www.shepherdofspots.com