[Jacob-list] worming question.

Melody Hale critterland at bendcable.com
Mon Oct 18 18:44:30 EDT 2004

I use injectable Ivomec on my sheep (injected, not orally), at a dose of 1cc per 100 lbs.  According to my vets, there is a high tolerance for overmedicating, and they recommend going a bit over that dose as being better than underdosing.  There are a lot of meds that are used "off label" for both sheep and goats, as it has not been deemed profitable to do the testing needed to label them for those animals. Too many people will put an animal down rather spend money to diagnose or medicate it when the perceived "investment" is small, as for small ruminants as opposed to horses, cattle and swine--the drug companies aim for the big bucks
Melody at CritterLand
Redmond OR