[Jacob-list] a no fail lamb recipe

Katrina & Dave davekat at copper.net
Sat Oct 16 12:03:19 EDT 2004

Hi listers-  this was inspired by Sue Martin's great lamb chops marinade...but has a little twist to it.  Went over big at a meal we had here at our place, so we thought we would share it with everyone!  Enjoy!  Katrina Lefever

____________________________________

Lamb with garlic, cranberries and apple cider

Marinade:

1 cup apple cider

½ cup balsamic vinegar

1/3 cup olive oil

¼ cup worcestershire sauce

1/3 cup (or more) minced garlic

1 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper

Thaw enough lamb chops or steaks to fill a 9' x 11' glass pan.  Remove all fat and place on bottom of pan.  Pour marinade over meat and leave in frig for at least 2 hours.

preheat oven to 250 degrees

Top meat and marinade with a large sliced onion, a can of whole tomatoes, and dried cranberries. Liquid and tomatoes should just cover meat.  Cover with foil.

Bake at 250 degrees for 2 ½ hours  then remove foil and continue baking @ 325 for an additional 1 ½ hours.

*note*  the lamb is ready to eat after a shorter time, but becomes more tender and flavorful with the additional baking time.