[Jacob-list] worming question.

Katrina & Dave davekat at copper.net
Wed Oct 13 14:20:29 EDT 2004

Another question for the list-
We are about ready to bring the flock over to our place...the fence is up and looks really good.  Needs a few touch ups on our part, but we are happy with it.  The question is two fold:
1) we are bringing Isaiah and 1/2 the ewes this time.  We are planning to worm them before they come since this is clean ground that has never had sheep on it before.  We will leave them in the barn to 'drop' the worms before bringing them over.  The question is for the second group of ewes that are staying to be bred to a different ram....  should I worm them now or wait until right before I bring them?  That will be Nov after they have run with the ram.  I am cautious about worming after pregnancy.  What would you do?
2) Some of this ground is wet and we are having it tiled...but can't get it done for a few months yet.  I guess we are going to just stick  them in and hope they stick to the higher ground.  If it becomes a problem, we might have to put temporary fencing in to keep them out of the muddy areas.  Any thoughts?
Thanks again for all the knowledge out there!
Katrina Lefever