[Jacob-list] (no subject)

Susan J Martin stonecroft235 at juno.com
Sun May 16 09:28:04 EDT 2004

Ok, listers, I am going to really go out on a limb here.  Thom Simmons is
getting out of the sheep business and giving away his sheep - "You pick
them up, they're free."

So here's my beef ~ I love my sheep, but it surely is hard to find homes
for them ~ and I haven't a clue how some breeders who advertise sheep for
$300 or $400 sell them!!!  We have JSBA registered sheep, healthy sheep,
great looking sheep, both two horned and four horned,  but I don't have
buyers constantly calling/knocking to buy sheep ~ and I advertise and
have a web site.  I am selling my sheep pretty cheaply and the ones that
don't sell end up at the sales auction .......... I have absolutely no
other choice.  And please, don't suggest I butcher them for dog
food........I have 19 lambs and only two dogs.   And I don't have great
ethnic market links in the area where we live.......the buyers for the
ethnic markets purchase their lambs at the sales barn...........same
place my little lambs end up.

A product is marketable only when there are buyers ~ the old supply &
demand thing that makes the world go round!

Sue Martin
Stonecroft Manor
Lititz, PA