[Jacob-list] pressure cooking

Gillian Fuqua gillianfuqua at adelphia.net
Sat May 15 07:38:52 EDT 2004

	I'm not so sure I would do meat in a pressure cooker.  I might do a
very slow roast the way I would for pulled pork or roast it like a pot
roast if it was a tough cut.  A little bit of wine or vinegar   will
help with toughness, the acidity acts as a tenderizer.  I suppose if
you wanted to get fancy you could cut slashes in your roast, slather in
an herbed butter, and then do a slow roast covered with foil.
	I suppose I could also sit here and think of a hundred ways to cook up
a tough or lean piece of meat but then the weeding, errands, cleaning
wouldn't get done....

Gillian