[Jacob-list] flying lambs

Heather Fogel heather at littleshadyacres.com
Sat Mar 20 07:45:25 EST 2004

Connie,

Last year I flew two Soay rams from WA to MN.  They were small enough to
share an XL dog kennel.  The only problems I had with the airlines was run
around.  First someone would say "sure, no problem", then the next person I
would talk to would say "you can't do that!"  I finally got someone helpful
on the phone who put it into the computer, in the notes about who I am, that
this was an acceptable agreement and to let them on.  At the airport the
ticketing agent was so shocked that my "dogs" went "baa" that she didn't
even remember to ask me if I was a terrorist.  The trip was fine.  I put
fresh hay into the kennel at the  airport, and made sure they had a little
bit of water.  We had a layover, and I watched out the window of the airport
as they put the kennel in the shade, out of the way.  I feel I had a pretty
good experience, and would definitely do it again.

Hope this helps.
Heather Fogel
Stewart, MN
heather at littleshadyacres.com
www.littleshadyacres.com
Home to Jacob sheep, Soay sheep and many Chickens.