[Jacob-list] Questions from a new Jacob sheep person....

Mary Hansson buffgeese at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 30 11:17:11 EDT 2004

Hi,

I talked with the USDA vet for the voluntary scrapie eradication program (everybody is enrolled or responsible for being active in the NON-voluntary side) yesterday evening.  My yearly check will be this coming Tuesday and I am hoping my records are up-to-date enough to make them happy.  He has been easy to work with over the past 3 years or so I have worked with him.

Auctions are responsible for making sure animals are tagged with the scrapie tags.  I questioned this actually happening at the auction that is located closest to us, and he will very likely have details for me when I talk with him on Tuesday.

Anybody who keeps records of sheep in and out (like we are responsible for anyway with tax records) can handle the scrapie program.

Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen Hansson, MEd, RD, LDN
ISeeSpots Farm
Jacob Sheep:  Lambs, adults, wool