[Jacob-list] for sale

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Sun Jun 27 18:05:22 EDT 2004

Hi Betty,

Sounds like you've had some hagglers.  I don't know if we're just in a different area, but I have never had anyone try
to bargain over a price on one of my Jacobs.  And I haven't ever tried to bargain on the ones I buy.  If I can't afford
one, I just don't buy one.  I do get involved in trades every so often which seem to work out well.  I handspun and
knitted a sweater for a ram one year.  Traded 1/2 of a loom for 2/3 of a ram lamb this year.  Bartering can be quite
entertaining.  With the incredible wild chicken population explosion around here lately, I'm thinking of seeing if the
dentist might take a dozen chickens for my next appointment!  Probably not :-(

It is certainly a plus to have the ancestors on site.  You've got some pretty sheep!

Linda

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 15:36:02 -0400, Betty Berlenbach wrote:
>I have a couple of yearling ewes, a few ewe lambs  and a couple of ram lambs
>for sale in Vermont...if anyone is interested, please  contact me privately.
>Betty in Weathersfield.  (To save us all time:  I do not sell bargain sheep:
>if I wouldn't pay at least $250 for a ewe lamb or a  ram lamb, for that
>matter, of mine, I kill it and eat it.  Lambs from  known , proven lines,
>parents on campus!  Sometimes grandparents as  well.)

http://www.PatchworkFibers.com
 Registered Jacob Sheep & Angora Rabbits
 Handspun Yarns