[Jacob-list] Re: comments on crow & flying sheep

Kelley Rambo Kelley_Rambo at antiochne.edu
Wed Jun 23 08:57:09 EDT 2004

Yes, sheep fly.  I have one who is particularly apt, but generally behaves
himself.

Someone commented on grabbing a ram from the side - I think however you
handle an animal depends on the particular individual.  I have two rams
both with quite sizeable horns.  Both, for the most part, very well
behaved and fairly easy to handle.  Both are halter broke.  One, if he
feels I should drop the grain bucket which he sometimes does, tries to
bonk me with his horns (he only does that rarely, but that would be the
tendency if he was in the mood).  My other ram, however, is quite keen to
the fact that his horns would work best with a sideways sweeping motion,
so approaching him on the side is potentially quite dangerous - if he was
in a mood -

Someone else's comment that care should always be used around animals
regardless of what kind I agree with wholeheartedly.  And why those folks
tried to get out of the truck with an animal beating on the door, I don't
get either.  THat's why they always emphasize staying in the vehicle at
those safari drive-through places!