[Jacob-list] RE: Need pelt tanners

ARTHUR PARTRIDGE aztreaz at earthlink.net
Thu Jun 17 14:38:36 EDT 2004

> Thanks so much for the reply.  Unfortunately, Bucks is getting a bad
reputation.  I have heard from several people that they get the following:
large pelts cut small, matted wool, pelt looks unfinished, holes, stiff and
yellow pelts.  I am on the sheep-l Internet list and now that Moosehead is
gone, some of us are looking for a replacement.  Based on what I am hearing
back, Stern Tanning in Wisconsin (see Internet directory, key word: pelt
tanning) is very good.  I don't know about prices though.  So is Keystone
Fur Dressing, Inc., Pennsylvania, http://www.keystonefurdressing.com/.  But
they quoted $90 for a machine-washable pelt, then add on shipping :^(.  Too
bad about Buck's, I wonder what is going on with them?