[Jacob-list] Barns

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Mon Jul 12 15:42:17 EDT 2004

Is that the yellow book?  It's packed right now, but I think that's the same book I have.  Great book if it's the same.
 Plans for barns, hay feeders, sorting pens, shearing stands, can't remember all of it right off, but it doesn't leave
much out.  I ran across it as SAFF a couple a years ago and would sure recommend it to anyone with sheep.

Linda

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 15:49:22 -0400, Steve and Trish Barrows wrote:
  In addition to advice
>on the list here, we were given a copy of a very helpful book, the "Sheep
>Housing and Equipment Handbook."  It has a designation of MWPS-3.  Of course,
>I cannot find my copy at the moment, but it was 90 pages for $10.  Published
>in 1994, it is geared more to commercial sheep production, but we got great
>information on ventilation and siting.  The ISBN for this book is:  0-89373-
>090-4.  It can be obtained from the Natural Resource, Agriculture, and
>Engineering Service (NRAES) Cooperative Extension nearest you.  They have a
>website, www.nraes.org, and pubs can be ordered here.  That designation MWPS-3
>stands for MidWest Plans Service, Booklet 3, by Iowa State University.  You
>can search the NRAES website under MidWest Plans Service and find all the
>information about it. Hope this helps!
>
>--- Steve and Trish Barrows --- Amazing Grace Farm --- agf777 at earthlink.net

http://www.PatchworkFibers.com
 Registered Jacob Sheep & Angora Rabbits