[Jacob-list] sheep & chickens

CATE cate at centurytel.net
Wed Jan 28 17:40:06 EST 2004

I am the one who had the sheep eat the chicken feed.  To this day -  the
sheep that got into the crumbles still tries to get to the chicken feed
whenever I open the chicken house door.  I had to create a tiny doggy-type
door for the chickens so the sheep wouldn't invade the chicken's domain.  I
don't cage in my chickens - they roam at will.

My sheep suffered for a couple of days but apparently no long term effect
and no lesson learned and only pleasant memories....so do be careful about
secreting the chicken feed away from the sheep - it is either very tasty or
they just feel any treat is solely meant for them.

Other than that - I bought pig feeders and use them to feed the sheep wet
cob.  The chickens walk in between the sheep's legs stealing cob - rest of
the time they co-exist peacefully - some laying eggs in the sheep's house
some ignoring the sheep and all living easily together.