[Jacob-list] sheep and cold

Karen Sigler karen at benjaminfarms.com
Wed Jan 28 13:40:30 EST 2004

    I have a question for those of you in the cold or have raised sheep
for a long time.  I try to plan my lambing for the early spring- March
or April,  due to my very small barn.  We have just broken the record
for one of the coldest Jan. ever here in Utah.  Most of the farmer's
around me with sheep-sheep, plan for Jan. lambing and are currently
sheering their sheep.  Most of these sheep are just rotated thru the hay
pastures during the winter months with no shelters.  So here is my
question... Why would you sheer and lamb in one of the coldest months of
the year??
Karen Sigler
Benjamin Farms,   Utah