[Jacob-list] aborted fetuses...? science info

Mary Hansson buffgeese at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 27 17:41:29 EST 2004

Hi,

I found a set of fetuses about fist-sized each out in one of my sheep shelters this evening at feeding time.  One was male and the other female.  Color was brown/red over all except black around eyes and muzzle and one had a bit more color behind one ear.

Has anybody information on WHEN skin pigmentation begins to develop and how it develops in Jacob sheep?

The only other aborted fetus I have seen was a near-term one with pigmentation all over.

Mary Ellen

Mary Ellen Hansson, MEd, RD, LDN
ISeeSpots Farm
Jacob Sheep:  Lambs, adults, wool