[Jacob-list] ram lambs

Cathy Robinson perfectspot at blueridge.net
Sun Jan 25 14:18:50 EST 2004

Last year was definitely a "ram year" for us...we had exactly twice as
many ram lambs as ewe lambs born.  I was getting pretty frustrated about
the time we were at six-in-a row and not a single ewe lamb!  I do
remember reading on various other lists that several others noted an
abundance of little boys last year, which made me feel a little better!

We have always used a young ram and until now, have always changed rams
each year.

Another thing I have noted is that certain ewes seem "prone" to deliver
certain-sexed babies.  I have a couple ewes who always deliver the same
thing, be it boy or girl.  I am still waiting for one of them to give me
just one little girl!

We had two Sir Hugh single babies born that year, Mary Ellen.  Both were
little boys.
I believe Sir James would be around 9...born in 1995?

Cathy
Perfect Spot Farm