[Jacob-list] ram lambs

Neal and Louise Grose nlgrose at yadtel.net
Sun Jan 25 12:16:47 EST 2004

Somewhere I recall a theory (but don't remember where) that nature tended to favor higher proportion of ewe lambs where the flock is small, and more ram lambs as the flock increases in size. That would be valid in our flock in years past, and makes some sense in an evolutionary way. There is some difference in the 'male' and 'female' sperm in relative vitality in certain situations. (Like frequency of "use".)

Neal Grose