[Jacob-list] ram lambs

Betty Berlenbach lambfarm at sover.net
Sun Jan 25 07:09:01 EST 2004

Nope!  I've never had a year with more ram lambs than ewe lambs.  I think it's due to the acidity of the soil, though some experts laugh at me.  LEt 'em laugh!  Once, I had equal numbers, but generally, my ewe lambs far outnumber ram lambs. I have noticed that with different rams, there are consistently more daughters than sons, so maybe I just lucked out in rams a few times!  (Watch, this year, for the first time in 9 years, I'll have all ram lambs.  Knock on wood, no!) Betty in Vermont.