[Jacob-list] washing wool

Gillian Fuqua gillianfuqua at adelphia.net
Sat Jan 24 18:16:03 EST 2004

	I sort my wool prior to washing.  I would think that it would be
harder to sort post washing.  some fleeces seem to lend themselves to
sorting better than others do.  I have found that I get some nice
white, some nice dark and some lovely in between stuff.  I have found
Jacob fleece very easy to wash.
	Keep those lambing stories coming.  Up here in the arctic, aka VT, we
are not expecting lambs until early April.  -13 this morning, lambing
stories let me know that it will warm up some time!  I think for
Victoria the key to my first lambing season was having someone who I
could send lots of questions to.  I'm on season two and felling calmer.
  My girls really did not seem to want me around when they lambed.  I
heard one grunting as I came up to the barn and when I got to where I
could peek she was standing up eating.  When I rechecked in 3 hours she
was the proud mama of a ewe lamb.

Gillian