[Jacob-list] Re: lambs?

Heather Hettick hettick1 at yahoo.com
Sat Jan 24 17:35:42 EST 2004

We had our earliest lamb ever this week, the earlist lambing I've had previously was February.  I have breeding dates on three ewes two weeks from now but this one was a total surprise.  Fortunately she's a tough little single and was clean and dry and up drinking milk when I found her during my morning water check dressed in my work clothes.  Her mother had triplets last year and must be taking a rest.

Heather Hettick
Moonstruck Jacob Sheep

<<Hi,

I haven't heard a single soul discuss lambs being born.  Usually by
this point we have lots of them popping out and dancing around pastures.
My lambs usually don't get started until mid February in NC.

Mary Ellen>>