[Jacob-list] Re: wool article

Kelley Rambo Kelley_Rambo at antiochne.edu
Tue Jan 20 12:10:06 EST 2004

I would agree with the versatility statement.  Just in my flock, I have
two fleeces that I would probably never do anything with unless they were
mixed in with others.  These two girls' fleeces are very coarse.  I have
another ewe with such fine fleece (these are NOT technical wool terms I'm
using, just my own) that I have to watch her so that I shear her before
she felts in the spring.  Most everyone else is somewhere in between.
Some of my best fleeces are on my wethers.  Hopefully Thom will help out
with descriptions.  He has a Jacob whose fleece has won best of show.

Kelley

PS  I'd love to read your article and the other paper someone else is
writing when they're finished!