[Jacob-list] wool quality

Gillian Fuqua gillianfuqua at adelphia.net
Tue Jan 20 07:19:59 EST 2004

	i would agree that Jacob wool is variable.   I would hesitate to use
the word quality as that is a value laden word that we may want to
avoid as we market our wool.  What I would say is that there is
variation in the features of the wool.  Perhaps something like,
"Because the Jacob is a primitive breed and has not been bred for any
particular characteristic, the wool buyer will notice variation in
fleeces.  This variation could be seen in texture. staple length,
color, or crimp."
Gillian