[Jacob-list] Question!

Jgrisner at aol.com Jgrisner at aol.com
Tue Jan 13 11:10:13 EST 2004

Hi to everyone! You have all been very helpfull to us, as I told you before,
we've only had Jacobs (or any sheep for that matter) for a couple of years. So
we are still learning!

I have a question! I went out to do evening chores and found an aborted lamb.
It was actually out of cross breed that I bought as a baby, for a family pet.
The mother had a healthy ram lamb last year, so not sure what happened this
time. She was due to lamb in a month. My question is: One side of the belly
went down some after the loss, but she still has a fairly large belly. If she was
carrying twins, could she abort one and stll carry the other? As I said, all
of you have been our greatest source of information. One other question was--
What could have caused her to abort at this close time? We feed good clean
prairie hay and haven't changed the grain mix. We thought maybe one of the other
sheep or goats  got too rough??

I'm a real softie and hated watching the mom looking and calling for her
lamb. She was such a good mom last year and since she was bottle raised, she is so
easy to work with.
I hate that she won't have a lamb this year.

Thank you for any help. We really appreciate having someone to ask.

Gail from Kansas