[Jacob-list] nose bleed

Victoria da Roza castlerockjacobs at yahoo.com
Fri Jan 9 18:54:53 EST 2004

HI,
   First question:  When I got my ram lamb last
Spring,he had the tips
of his horns broken off in an unknown incident. Now
you cannot tell
anything happened because his horns are big and
beautiful.  In the
last 3 months whenever we give him a shot or anything
else that
stresses him, he gets a nose bleed.  I have given him
a shot for bots
in case that is the problem because we live surrownded
by horse
stables.  The vet guy at Pipestone supplies said he
thinks the
incident that broke the tips of his horns probably
broke his septum
and when he gets under stress or bounces around and
hits the horns
during a process he bleeds from that broken area.
   Anyone have thoughts, experience or suggestions
about this?
Thanks, Victoria