[Jacob-list] (no subject)

Susan J Martin stonecroft235 at juno.com
Sun Jan 4 08:54:43 EST 2004

Thom's word "orientated" made me think of Archie Bunker......a guy who
could mutilate the English language so thoroughly and still communicate
his thoughts effectively.   And our hysterical laughter was not only
directed at Archie on the boob tube, but all the personal Archie's in our
lives who communicated exactly the same way.  Reminds me of a friend of
my parents who always pronounced scenic as "sceniatic"..........come to
think of it, he was probably an Archie type guy in more ways than just
his speech!!!!

In most of the world ewes is a word for more than one female
sheep......here in Lancaster County, the heart of Amish country, "yous"
refers to more than one person!!!!   "Are yous plannin' to be at the cow
sale tomorrow?"

Sue Martin