[Jacob-list] Tags and microchips

MarmontJacobs at aol.com MarmontJacobs at aol.com
Sat Jan 3 15:30:53 EST 2004

Hi List,
          I never ever tag young lambs - the ears are far too fragile and
even with rules tough as they are in the UK, we have several months to tag sheep
after birth. A simple scourable sheep marker aerosol works just fine for
putting ID on each lamb's rump, and by the time it can't be read due to fleece
growth, I have decided which ones will be registered and which get the "other"
tags. I have so few black lambs (Icelandic) that I haven't looked for a suitable
marker for them yet.

Trisha, Wales