[Jacob-list] sick Ram

Heather Fogel heather at littleshadyacres.com
Fri Jan 2 17:20:16 EST 2004

Well, we don't have any laurel, or anything like that growing on our place,
and he hasn't had access to any shrubbery since Sept.  The vet from
pipestone said that if he had something blocking his esophagus, he would
likely be "throwing up" dry hay, because he can't get it down.  He is
throwing up wet, slimy hay, that has been down.

Other than not getting much to eat he is fine.  His eyes are alert, and his
ears are normal and he seems fine.  He has gotten a bit thin, though.  The
only other thing I have noticed is that in the last couple of days hit
stomach has started to become distended.

I am trying to get a sheep vet out here.  Most of the local vets won't even
talk to you about anything that doesn't moo.  One of the vets I have talked
to on the phone wants to be helpful, but admits that she doesn't know much
about sheep.

Thanks,

Heather Fogel
Stewart, MN
heather at littleshadyacres.com
www.littleshadyacres.com
Home to Jacob sheep, Soay sheep and many Chickens.