[Jacob-list] Ad for friend

Mary Spahr spahrfarm at dragonbbs.com
Sun Feb 1 10:43:14 EST 2004

Jim Duffee, a JSBA member needs to reduce his flock within a week or two.  He must meet his wife in California where she is taking care of her father who has cancer.  He is a busy pediatrician who does not have time to advertise, so asked me if we could take his sheep to auction.  I am trying to avoid this as they are JSBA registered and from our bloodlines.  We have over 100 sheep, so cannot purchase them.

He has 3 or 4 ewes, one of whom is Spahr Farm Vivien, a 2-horned blue-eyed ewe who is several years old by now.  The ewes are not bred. His ram is a nicely-marked 2-horned.  I think he has blue eyes like his mother Vivien. These sheep are very well cared for and the prices will be reasonable.  The ram is broke to lead.  He has been made a pet of, so may not be a wise choice for a lady shepherd who handles her sheep alone.  He has been displayed several times at our Woolgathering show.

If anyone is interested in these sheep and wants to make a quick trip to Ohio, contact me at spahrfarm at dragonbbs.com
Dr. Duffee lives about 10 miles north of our farm if you would like to make two stops.  We have a selection of rams available also at this time.

Mary Spahr