[Jacob-list] Birth

crackerdst at surfglobal.net crackerdst at surfglobal.net
Sun Feb 29 08:54:08 EST 2004

Hi List,
   4 days ago my ewe Thelma dropped a 10 1/2 lbs ewe lamb. She's beautiful
and seems very sturdy. Fortunately the temp went up to 10 above zero
from a consistent -20,-30 range at night.
    Lost two baby goats to frostbite , everyone in the neighborhood grief
stricken. Will be build a special kidding area with heat available
when extremely cold weather strikes.
   The new ewe has a long tail- this is my first Jacob baby - what would
be the best time to dock and should I ? Donna in northern VT.