[Jacob-list] Nibbles

Victoria da Roza castlerockjacobs at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 19 12:13:22 EST 2004

Nibbles still has not given birth and I did not think
her udder could get any bigger but now it is not only
through her back legs but so far and wide in front of
her legs that she walks into her own teats when she
walks.  I am reassured that others are wondering how
big their girls can get too.  Nibbles has been on new
pasture for a couple of weeks now and I wonder if that
has contributed to the big udder.
   I spent 2 hours in the pasture rubbing her and
singing to her to relax her and she went into a kind
of dream state with her eyes half shut.  But she never
gave up the lambs.
   We have been having wild rain storms and I keep
hoping the changes in barometric pressure will cause
her to go into labor.  I was talking to my Mom the
other day about Nibbles and she reminded me that in
our family we always have 10 month babies, some even
born with 4 teeth.  So I guess Nibbles wants to fit
in.  Maybe when something is born it will have so much
development that I will need to have it shorn this
year?:-)
   I am not getting the daily summaries.  Is that
happening to anyone else?

=====
Victoria
Castle Rock Farm