[Jacob-list] Re: butting rams

Katherine Wisor creeksendfarm at mac.com
Thu Dec 9 20:30:46 EST 2004

  Is it possible that these rams are showing /displaying signs of
frustration?   I have never separated rams from  their ewes and have
never in over 30 years of raising sheep  have never seen a ram  be
violent toward inanimate objects or people .   I have 4 rams in the
pasture now and none of them  are destructive  or mean , even toward
strangers.   Dogs are aggressive when tied up all the time, cats stop
using there litter box when not cleaned , is it possible aggression in
sheep is also out of frustration toward what they feel is an  unnatural
condition when separated ?   If they aren't worth breeding I neuter
them but never separate them .....
  Just a thought....  >Katherine