[Jacob-list] breeding

Paintedrockfarm at aol.com Paintedrockfarm at aol.com
Sun Dec 5 19:47:12 EST 2004

I guess we are the lone rangers in carrying 5 separate breeding groups this
year.  We enjoy diversity as much as the next shepherd and its work does  pay
off!  Franklin got the early bird group of 8 ewes -- due in February,  which
is a first for us.  We are hoping to go to MD S&W for the shows  and noticed
the lamb requirements for showing reflect a mid-Feb. birthday or  sooner.  We
normally like to have our lambs start arriving about the 3rd  week of March.

Ford, Cascade and Asher all got their fair share of 10 ewes each and will  be
due mid/late March.  Colder temps and a dusting of snow kicked off the  end
of the breeding season for us here in WV.  Around here, we know that  the snow
can fly at any time now and better we have sheep in their "wintering"  areas
before it gets too bad.

Hope all is well with you all! -- Cheryl

Mike  & Cheryl Terrano
_Painted Rock Farm_ (http://members.aol.com/paintedrockfarm)

Route 4 Box  726
Buckhannon, WV 26201-9205