[Jacob-list] Re: Sheep shearing question......

Linda patchworkfibers at alltel.net
Sun Aug 8 14:40:24 EDT 2004

Thank you, it's very clear.
I have seen the weak layer a couple of times in ewes that underwent a serious stress event during pregnancy and had the
one ewe with mastitis that actually lost most of her fleece.  But, I don't think it's a standard occurrence around
here, judging from my own wool and fleeces I've bought from neighbors.  I wonder if it might be because we have such
mild winters?  I'm in NE Georgia, in the mountains, where it is unusual for temps to go much below 20 or so in the
winter.  Does that make any sense?

Linda