[Jacob-list] wool slippers

rlynde rlynde at onramp113.org
Tue Aug 3 16:09:43 EDT 2004

The professional shearers out here say that the wool slippers do a couple of
things besides being comfortable--prevent slipping and also allow the
shearer to roll on his/her feet when moving the sheep around. Regular soled
shoes don't allow that subtle movement that shearers use when controlling
the sheep with their bodies--or at least don't facilitate it--and that might
be important when you're shearing dozens or hundreds of sheep at a time.
Robin Lynde
Meridian Jacobs
Vacaville, CA