[Jacob-list] genetics.....

Hobsickle at aol.com Hobsickle at aol.com
Mon Sep 29 15:19:39 EDT 2003

My personal, OPINION (no scientific evidence yet) is that such brown-spotted
sheep carry a brown gene (heterozygous) and in those brown spots the
countermanding non-brown gene did not "turn on" (for example, we've all seen or heard
of a person with one brown eye and one blue eye) -OR- that spot is the result
of a somatic mutation.